SMEC Offshore has vast expertise and knowledge in propulsion systems. Container and Specialized Cargo vessels are distinctive targets for Electric Propulsion.With electric propulsion, a common Medium Voltage power plant is shared by both propulsion and cargo handling. Since cargo unloading and propulsion are never performed together, the total amount of installed power can be decreased – typically by more than 10%.
Our Power Systems are the favoured choice if more cargo space and easy maneuvering are the main objectives, whereas our Economy systems are the answer for fuel savings on fast and long distances.
- Lifting capacity up to 600t single line / 900t double fall
- In-house developed control system
- Main winch wire capacity up to 4,000m
- Main winch can be mounted on the crane or below deck
- Auxiliary winches with up to 50t SWL and 4000m wire capacity
- Fully-equipped, spacious, air-conditioned, ergonomically designed operator cabin